Sunday 8 June 2014

Cloud Formations over Orkney






Over a week of wandering across Orkney from Stromness to Kirkwall, from the Brough of Birsay to the Hoy Sound I was thinking about infinity and looking at the sky. 

It all started on the journey outwards. Looking out over the side of the good ship Hamnavoe from Scrabster out to sea we suddenly came through an unexpected bank of thick impenetrable fog. 
It was as if we were passing from one world into another, as if I could see to infinity and yet hardly see my hand in front of my face. It was completely still and silent in the fog. 

In the fog I was between two islands, between heaven and earth, between the sea and the sky, between the sea and the depths beneath, between life and death .Infinity was present.

No comments:

Post a Comment